One of the things I am learning from my friends in Rwanda is the art of gift giving and the power of generosity.
Something happens when a gift is exchanged -- when someone has thought of you and selected a gift just for you. You treasure the gift because it represents the connection.
This trip we are taking some pretty amazing gifts to our friends from our friends!
- One woman from Grace Church has handcrafted custom handbags for each of the the women. Thanks Coral for the intricate detail and personality you added to each bag! Every time we look at them we imagine how excited and valued the leaders will feel as they receive this gift -- handcrafted by Coral! THANKS!
- Because of the generosity of Meghan -- each of the women will receive a LOVE Imana necklace -- just like the ones many of us are wearing these days. A reminder of our common bond we have with our sisters in Rwanda. It's the glue in our partnership -- our mutual desire to LOVE God and Others! Seriously Meghan they are going to love these! You can purchase one for yourself (and Meghan donates all the profits to ALARM and this partnership. Listen to this --> so many of you purchased these necklaces on Meghan's Etsy site or at the GRACE Church Cafe and Bookstore that 3 of the leaders conference fees have been covered! That's pretty amazing!
- One of our team member's mothers in Philedelphia has made small hand purses for the staff at ALARM -- and their names are embrodered on them! Such a perfect gift for those who serve so faithfully and full of life everyday. I know they will LOVE these gifts.
- A small group at Grace and Thrivent Financial have donated and assembled pedicure sets for each of the Rwandan women -- with a bonus pair of flip flops! Love it when creative people come together with huge hearts to put action behind their generosity. That's what Thrivent Action Teams are all about. THANKS John Caves for making this a reality.
- Thanks to the 77 individuals and families who made generous donations to support the leadership training -- the gifts ranged from $20 to $1600 combining to support ALL our team members and ALL the Rwanda Leaders! TOGETHER we are making a difference!